Application Procedure for Substitute Teacher Positions
Thank you for your interest in the Scituate School Department. The components listed below must be complete and on file at the administration office before your name can be added to the sub list:
- Letter of Interest indicating your interest and availability for a substitute teacher position.
- I-9 form - To be completed at Administration Office. You will be required to provide 2 forms of identification such as Driver's License, Social Security Card or Passport.
- W-4 form - To be completed at Administration Office
- National BCI Background Check with fingerprints - Please note that the school department must have/see original BCI documents.
- College Transcripts (including undergraduate) - copies are acceptable
- Valid RI Teaching Certificate or NE Credential
- Three letters of reference
- NTE or Praxis Score
When your packet is complete, you will be called for an interview. After a successful interview, your name will be added to our substitute list.
If you see a position advertised that you are interested in, you must call or send a letter of interest to activate your substitute application for the permanent position.